Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

Ganz ruhig. Bild

Bild
Ge'ez ጫት
Cpt. Schwing

Re: Kawa - verteufelt und aus dem Verkehr gezogen

Beitrag von Cpt. Schwing »

ABER ICH BIN DOCH GAAAAAANZ RUHIG...

Wer will, dass die Welt bleibt, wie sie ist, will nicht, dass sie bleibt.
אל תשאלו

Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

Warst auch nicht gemeint. ;-)
Sondern Freund Gremlin mit seinem äußerst wertvollen Beitrag zu Kava. :m037:
Gremlin hat geschrieben:Kawa Kawa- Kawasaki. BRoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Cpt. Schwing hab es grade geschnakkelt. Lingelingeling... :irre:
Ge'ez ጫት
Cpt. Schwing

Beitrag von Cpt. Schwing »

Schwingeling... :angel:

Und hier die erneute Rückmeldung der Swissmedic:
Swissmedic wird aufgrund eines Gesuches über eine allfällige erneute Zulassung entscheiden unter Berücksichtigung der Datenlage.
Na dann... ich bleibe dran :mrgreen:
Wer will, dass die Welt bleibt, wie sie ist, will nicht, dass sie bleibt.
Zebra

Beitrag von Zebra »

Kurzer Film zum Thema Kava Kava, der vielleicht auch hier herein passt.
Schade, dass es zu dieser interessanten Pflanze keine neueren Dokus zu geben scheint.

אל תשאלו

Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

Ge'ez ጫት
Zebra

Beitrag von Zebra »

Kava: The NFL's newest and safest painkiller
kava.jpg
Matthew Masifilo was a sophomore defensive lineman at Stanford in 2009 when he tore the MCL in his knee. The swelling and pain were horrible, he says. To lower his discomfort, and get him back on the football field, team doctors did what they often do in those situations. They prescribed Vicodin.

"I wouldn't take it," Masifilo said. "I always reacted badly to it. So I stuck with the old ways."

The "old ways" featured regular consumption of kava, a ceremonial drink at the center of Polynesian culture. Made from the root of a native plant, kava is viewed largely as a social lubricant that delivers a calming, mellowing effect. But Masifilo considers it a natural pain reliever and anti-inflammatory agent as well, a substance that is far less dangerous than opioids and doesn't carry the legal hurdles of marijuana.

After retiring from a five-year NFL career in 2015, Masifilo has employed his Stanford engineering degree to deliver kava to football players -- and anyone else -- who want natural options amid the national opioid crisis. He invented a shaker bottle, which he calls an AluBall, to simplify the preparation process and encourage individual use at a time when kava consumption is spiking around the country.

"With the opioid crisis, there is a big need for other options," said Masifilo, who was born in Hawaii but is of Tongan descent. "The doctors used to think I was crazy when I said I wanted to treat my injuries with kava. But it helped me, and I think it has the potential to help address this painkiller problem we have in football and many other sports."

Thomas Keiser, for one, can provide powerful testimony. Masifilo introduced him to kava at Stanford, and Keiser said he "truly embraced it for pain management" during his second year in the NFL. As a linebacker for the Carolina Panthers in 2012, Keiser suffered a series of injuries that sound like they were caused by a car accident rather than football.

First, he endured an impact injury on his leg that required a sizable piece of flesh to be removed. The area got infected, causing pitting edema and then swelling throughout the leg. As he played through it, with the help of painkillers, he then tore the UCL in his left elbow when a collision pushed his arm backward. Braced and taped, he continued playing in that game -- until he tore the UCL in his right elbow while trying to protect the left.

With a swollen leg and two torn UCLs, Keiser said he was "on lots and lots" of painkillers.

"One day I was like, 'This is probably not a good path to be going down,'" said Keiser, who retired after the 2015 season. "Kava was absolutely a better alternative for me. To this day, it's still part of my routine. I've taken painkillers and I've used kava. To me, opioids weren't as much about relieving pain as they were almost just getting you high to take your mind off of the pain. Whereas, to me, kava feels like the actual addressing of pain."

There is little clinical research on kava as a painkiller or anti-inflammatory, according to Dr. D. Craig Hopp, the deputy director of the division of extramural research at the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Research does suggest, however, that kava works as an anti-anxiety agent -- what Hopp called "herbal Xanax."

Can diminished anxiety contribute to less pain? Perhaps.

"If you're more calm or relaxed," Hopp said, "if you aren't stressed about the pain you're under, that might help indirectly with the perception of its benefit. There isn't much direct evidence of it as a pain reliever, but that might be an indirect link."

There are no clinical indications of addictive properties, and Hopp said: "But I think kava is a much safer alternative in most circumstances than opioids."

And while opioids are addictive and can destroy organs, there is little clinical concern for the safety of kava. In 2002, the Federal Drug Administration issued a consumer advisory that warned of possible liver damage. But those concerns have subsided, Hopp said, amid uncertainty about whether kava caused liver damage during research or if another substance did.

In recent years, in fact, kava bars -- public establishments where kava is served instead of alcohol -- have popped up around the country. The company Kalm with Kava has tracked the opening of 82 such bars in the U.S. Keiser said that many of the people he meets at kava bars say they are recovering opioid addicts. Indeed, Kopp said, "The things I'm aware of suggest that kava usage is the highest that it's ever been."

That's a trend Masifilo will continue to try to bring to NFL locker rooms. Between the two of them, Masifilo and Keiser played for four different franchises. At one point or another, all of them had a group of players who would sit in the locker room after practice, drinking kava and talking. Kava helped alleviate the pain from the physical grind of the season, but the team-bonding benefits were just as significant, Keiser said.

Kava is a legal substance, according to U.S. law and NFL policy. Masifilo said some players have tried to keep their use "hush-hush," but by all accounts, it has been welcomed by team officials who have noticed it.

Among them is New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, who in 2014 counted 18 players drinking kava in the locker room after a late-season practice. That team included two prominent players of Polynesian descent, tight end Michael Hoomanawanui and defensive lineman Sealver Siliga. Kraft credited the kava gatherings with helping to build unity on a team that went on to win Super Bowl XLIX.

"It was late afternoon," Kraft said, "and they were just joshing around and having fun. It was really special."

It is no secret that NFL players are desperate for pain relief, both during their career and afterward. Keiser, who played in a total of 40 NFL games, deals with the aftereffects of not only the elbow injuries, but also ankle and knee ligament tears, along with herniated discs in the lumbar, thoracic and cervical parts of his spine.

"I have major pain issues from the various injuries of my career," he said, "I absolutely drink kava now and love it for the pain. It's also a social drink, and it's nice to get together with your boys and drink it for the social aspect of it.

"The big thing is that painkillers are far too common in football. This is a far better alternative to all the opioids. I can definitely speak from experience on that."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... painkiller
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
syzygy

Beitrag von syzygy »

Letzten Dezember hatte ich Gelegenheit Kava zu probieren. N Kumpel (hola amigo!) und ich haben etwa 4 gehäufte Teelöffel mit Kokosmilch und -öl und nem Schuss Rum gemixt und getrunken.
Als ich den Löffel abschleckte und mein Mund taub wurde, dachte ich schon, "O-ha, Vorsicht stark!". Trotzdem dann brav mein Glas getrunken. Zum Glück war mein Mund bereits betäubt, weil ich find den Geschmack jetzt ziemlich widerlich. Noch am nächsten Tag hatte ich verändertes Geschmackserleben. Auch jetzt wenn ich dran denke, wird's mir leicht flau…Während ich zB. Kratom richtig lecker finde. Aber Kava schmeckt so seifig.
Als die Wirkung auf sich warten lies dachte ich schon es war zu wenig (höhö!). Oder wie als ich das erste mal Kava einfach als Tee getrunken hab und gar nichts passierte. Irgendwann nach 20 Minuten oder so gings dann los, verhältnismässig stark. Erst konnte ich bemerken, dass alles was ich hörte und auch selber sagte ein Echo hatte. Dieser Effekt verging relativ bald, dafür sah ich dann doppelt, wie auf Alk. Die Wirkung hatte mich für die nächsten 3+ Stunden ziemlich im Griff. Es hat mich ein wenig "verstrichen", wie man so sagt. Ich war sehr entspannt und hätte auch gut pennen können, trotzdem blieb der Kopf relativ klar und aufmerksam, sodass wir uns noch gut unterhalten konnten. Aber lesen zB. ging gar nicht mehr. Ich finde die Wirkung ganz angenehm, auch wenns an dem Abend einfach zu heftig war. Für meinen Kollegen war die Dosis nicht so heftig und wohl grade richtig. Als ich später Zuhause ankam, fing ich stark an zu gähnen während mich der angenehmen Müdigkeit hingeben konnte, worauf ich gut pennte.
"Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen / Die da träumen fort und fort / Und die Welt hebt an zu singen / Triffst du nur das Zauberwort."
Zebra

Beitrag von Zebra »

knowyourkava.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zebra

Beitrag von Zebra »

Nach langer Zeit habe ich mich wieder ein wenig mit Kava beschäftigt und habe mir sehr fein gemahlenes Kava welches als Fiji Waka verkauft wurde besorgt.

Ich habe mich von 1 Teelöffel Kava Pulver bis hin zu 5 Teelöffel Pulver pro ca. 250ml Flüssigkeit hochgearbeitet.
Dabei habe ich es mit lauwarmem Wasser mit und ohne Sojaproteinisolat als Emulgator, mit Vollmilch und mit Kokosmilch versucht.
Der Geschmack ist tatsächlich kein Highlight aber erträglich und wird am besten von der fetten Kokosmilch, finde ich, maskiert, welche ansich eigentlich ziemlich lecker schmeckt.
Auch das Sojaproteinisolat trägt zum Geschmack bei, indem es die Mixtur etwas cremiger und damit leichter zu trinken macht.

Von der Wirkung war ich allerdings auch bei 5 Teelöffel Kava ein wenig enttäuscht.
Eine Wirkung war eigentlich gar nicht bis nur sehr mild vorhanden.
Bei 5 Teelöffel stellte sich das Gefühl ein, als ob man einen leichten Kopf hätte, auch war ein nicht unangenehmer Druck auf der Stirn zu spüren.
Auch hatte ich den Eindruck, dass das Taubheitsgefühl, das von Kava auf der Zunge und den Lippen verursacht wird, mit der Menge des verwendeten Kava eigentlich kaum zunimmt.
Ausserdem scheint Lesen und das Sich-Fokussieren etwas anstrengender zu sein.

Alles in Allem habe ich insgesamt 50 Gramm Kava Kava verbraucht ohne wirklich eine entspannende Wirkung festzustellen.
Eventuell war das Kavapulver nicht von guter Qualität, hat jemand einen Tip diesbezüglich?
Antworten