Capparis ovata fruits probably contain μ-opioid receptor agonist

Allgemeines, Anbau, Botanik, Diskussion
Antworten
Plants Benefactor

Capparis ovata fruits probably contain μ-opioid receptor agonist

Beitrag von Plants Benefactor »

It's maybe interesting!!!
Capparis ovata fruits probably contain μ-opioid receptor agonist!

Article url: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ta_in_mice

Сitations of the article:

"The caper (Capparis ovata Desf.) have wide natural distribution in Turkey and they are consumed in pickled form. Flower buds, root bark, and fruits of the plant are used in folk medicine due to their analgesic, wound healing, cell regeneration, tonic, and diuretic effects. In this study, we attempted to identify the possible antinociceptive action of methanol extract (CME) prepared from fruits of Capparis ovata."

“The reversal effect of naloxone (non-selective opioid receptor antagonist) on antinociceptive effect of CME was lower than its effect on morphine”

"In our experiments, CME exhibited a statistically significant, but lesser antinociceptive activity than morphine in hot plate and tail immersion tests. It seems quite possible that the higher doses of the extract have more potent central antinociceptive effect. It has been suggested that the opioid mechanisms mediate antinociceptive effect of CME."

"In agreement with this suggestion, it has been demonstrated that μ2 and σ-opioid receptors are involved in spinal mechanism, while μ1/μ2-opioid receptors may mediate mainly supraspinal analgesia. Therefore, there is a high possibility that the central antinociceptive effect of CME may be prominent on μ-opioid receptors.”
אל תשאלו

Re: Capparis ovata fruits probably contain μ-opioid receptor agonist

Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

Very interesting!!!
More and more plants are found which contain phyto opioids. Why not in capers. I will look for it in the available literature. Let's see if there is more information about this.

Thank you for sharing
Ge'ez ጫት
Plants Benefactor

Beitrag von Plants Benefactor »

Thanks a lot!

A very similar article of the same authors with very similar conclusions. Published two months earlier than the first article in this topic.

Article url: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ta_in_mice
kleinerkiffer84

Beitrag von kleinerkiffer84 »

Thank you very much for this article! :98:
I'm a big fan of phyto opioids, and especially as I read the word µ-opioid, this plant definitely got my attention.
I will keep this plant in mind, an maybe will do some bioassays in the near future.

Especially in times like this, where old, absolutely save and well known opioid plants like Kratom, slowly get banned
throughout the planet, it's of tremendous importance to do thorough research in other plants, and hopefully get several
substitutes, with equal pharamaceutical properties.
Ausgesetzt in der Salviawelt, bei mir habe ich nur meine Bong und ein Feuerzeug. Entitäten werden mich begleiten. Ich zeige Ihnen, wie man hier überlebt!
Antworten